It isn't about waiting out the storm it's learning to dance in the rain!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Nana

Well it's almost been a year since my dear nana passed away. I sure do miss her still but know she is in a much better place. Jordan, Alexis and I went up to Midway yesterday to 'visit' her. We placed valentine balloon on her gravesite and some pink roses from my dad. It sure is a good thing Aunt Ancy had put that pinwheel up - that is the only way we found the gravesite. I had to remove about a foot of snow over her headstone. Jordan blew her a kiss as we were leaving- He is such a cute boy.

We also went to go see my Aunt Deedee and took her a flower...

Her husband, Uncle Bob, still lives in Midway and was feeling under the weather so we visited him and took him some lunch...

While we were there we figured we should do something fun for Jordan so we went to Dairy Keen - the train place and got to see the Hogwarts train and Jordan rode the little train and loved it. The train outside was too wet.



And not to forget cute lil booger Lex but she just really like eating and sleeping on our trip so this is a pic of her at home eating a goulash meal and loving every minute of it...

4 comments:

Bella said...

lex and those cute teeth! i love it that you and the kids go 'visit' your grandma! it's a great way to share memories with them and they will remember these trips! what a great mom you are!

Brand797 said...

So cute! Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys made it up to Midway! We were planning on heading down there this coming Thursday, the actual 1 year mark, but I have to work :( So hopefully we'll make it sometime next week! My mom told me about the pinwheel & to look for it when we head down too ;) Maybe we can come visit you guys when we come down! I can't resist your cute lil kiddos! :D

Abigail said...

What a fun family outing.
Cute pictures. :)